Connect
with the library

Find books, music, movies and more:

Catalog     Website
To Welcome . . .
To Inspire . . .
To Enrich the Mind.

Board of Trustees

BOT Meeting Minutes 5/7/2021

Stowe Free Library

Minutes of Board of Trustees Meeting

May 7th, 2021

Present: K.Spear, S.Gaines, K.Kaufman, A.Colavito, B.Mullin, C.Maison Kastner, D.Witmer, C.Weber (Director)

Absent: None

Call to Order: 8:00 am

Minutes: Approved as read.

Friends Report: The Friends are working on a budget for the new year. They have a summer meeting planned.

Treasurer’s Report: There is $33,512 in the Operating Account, $26,533 in the Copley Fund. The portfolio is being diversified and adjusted. The Endowment Fund is growing. Our account has been moved to the Morgan Stanley Burlington office as it is considered a Municipal Account. The town is looking for $6,000 from the library. We are not sure where this payment originated and why and will be looking into it. We need the town to justify why this is so. Brian and Kelley will talk to the town.

Director’s Report: In April 195 packages went to patrons. There were 251 visitors. Circulation is up since opening to the public. The library is still limiting visits to 15 minutes, 5 patrons at a time and is considering increasing to 10 patrons in June. The Friends are helping with early literacy kits. Story-time on the lawn started May 7th. The library will start to open on Saturdays at the beginning of June.

Logo Update: The logos designed by the students at Green Mountain Tech are looking good. One student in particular, has taken on the project and the Board is happy with what he is producing. The new colors and font are in keeping with our expectations. There needs to be confirmation about how to use the Stowe Swoosh. We will talk to the Friends about the new logo color and whether they want an upgraded logo as well. This was tabled until the next round of images. We have chosen to compensate this student who took the lead with a $500 award. A motion was made to pay this student for his work. Motion was passed.

Review Circulation Policy and Overdue Policy: We will revise the Circulation Policy to read that non-residents with a valid photo I.D. and proof of physical address may acquire a library card. If a DVD is lost it will be paid for by patron. We tabled the discussion about fines. Cindy will let us know what the revenue is on fines in order to determine whether it is worthwhile to continue charging them for overdue DVDs.

Review ILL Policy: No changes were made.

Old Business: Kelley will follow up with Charles re: the gazebo repairs for the summer. The Gazebo Concerts have been scheduled.

New Business: The art center has chosen a new name, The Current. They will no longer be known as The Helen Day Art Center. We would like to know what their plans are for signage. We feel it is necessary to coordinate with them so the library signage is not invisible to the public. If we were to get new signage, who pays for that? Cindy will talk to the art center re: their plans.

Next Meeting: June 4th, 2021

Adjournment: 9:11 a.m.

Respectfully Submitted, Kim Kaufman

Leave a Message

Sign up for our monthly newsletter
Some books are so familiar that reading them is like being home again.Louisa May Alcott