2018 34th ANNUAL BOOK SALE DONATIONS
The Friends will begin collecting books for the ongoing inside book sale as well as the annual summer book sale in 2018. Starting on August 1, 2017 please bring clean, gently used book donations to the rear door of the library and down the stairs immediately to the right. CDs and DVDs are also accepted.
Please note that donations for the 2017 book sale can no longer be accepted.
Encyclopedias, Reader's Digest Condensed books, textbooks, magazines, videos and cassette tapes are not accepted. These can be donated at the recycling center at the town transfer station.
All proceeds from the book sales are used for increased children and adult programs and other library services.
Don't forget to get your new library tote!
Come in and check out the new Friends of the Stowe Free Library book bag. Available during library hours at the Circulation Desk, and at the Blue Donkey on the Mountain Road. Ask a Librarian or a volunteer for yours today! A great way to carry home your newly purchased books or your library books. Also great for groceries and farmers markets! $12.00
The new books bags are co-sponsored by The Blue Donkey on the Mountain Road in Stowe.
ONGOING INSIDE BOOK SALE!
Did you know that in addition to the annual summer book sale the Friends of the Stowe Free Library has an ongoing book sale that runs year round inside the Library? Cookbooks, large "coffee table" books, bestsellers and DVDs are available for all ages. The sale is located next to the library circulation desk and books may be purchased during regular library hours. Hardcover books are $2.00 and paperback books and DVD's are $1.00. Books are restocked regularly, there is alwasy something new on the shelves! All proceeds support the library as well as children and adult programs.
JOIN THE FRIENDS OF STOWE FREE LIBRARY
The purposed of the Friends of Stowe Free Library is to foster close relationships between Stowe Free Library and the Stowe community by developing human and financial resources, sponsoring activities and programs, and promoting knowledge of Library resources. Membership starts at $10 for an individual and is $25 for a family. Donations are tax deductible. Volunteers are always welcome! Link to .pdf form below or stop by the Library for more information.
About the Friends of the Stowe Free Library
The Friends of Stowe Free Library is a non-profit organization with the mission to help support the collections and programs of the Stowe Free Library. In particular, the mission of the Friends is to foster close relations between the Stowe Free Library and the Stowe community by developing human and financial resources, sponsoring activities and programs, and promoting knowledge of Library resources.
Since its inception in the spring of 2006, the Friends of the Library have provided much support to the Library, including::
- Continued the successful summer book sale and added an ongoing book sale inside the Library
- Provided the Library’s subscription to BookPage, the popular monthly book review magazine, free to our patrons
- Provided area Museum and attraction passes, offering free or reduced admission to many sites
- Continued to support In Our Own Backyard: Meet the Author series
- Provided funds for the purchase of the library's DVD collection and e-book subscription for children
- Expanded the Library’s children’s programming including supporting a summer intern to help with the children's programs
- Raised significant funds through the Book sale and other special events for general library use
- Co-sponsored the Stowe Performing Arts gazebo Concert series held on the library lawn each summer
Contact the Friends at [email protected] for information on becoming a Friend, or download and fill out and mail in an application.
Access Friends of the Libarary meeting minutes here.