Kid's Web Links
NEW Websites for Kids: These 8 websites were recently chosen by ALSC (the Association of Library Services for Children)- check them out!
- Ask a Biologist
- Bug Guide
- Code Monster
- CSI: Web Adventures
- I Was Wondering
- Middle Shelf
- Smithsonian Tween Tribune
- San Diego Zoo Kids
- Mo Willems Website Play games, print coloring pages, learn more about pigeon's pals, and find more books by author Mo Willems.
KidsReads.com- Booklists, author interviews, puzzles, trivia and more for kids ages 6–12
Spaghetti Book Club - The Spaghetti Book Club web site is a place for kids who love to read and talk about books! It is the largest site of book reviews written and illustrated by kids for kids.
Seussville Seussville—the official home of Dr. Seuss on the Web—is the place for children of all ages to play and learn with Dr. Seuss’s wonderfully whimsical books and classic characters.
BJ Pinchbeck’s Homework Helper One of the oldest and broadest directories of carefully chosen web sites for students, this father-son collaboration is a "go-to" destination for anyone with homework to do, a research or science project, or any other informational need
Homework Hotline -NY Statewide call-in show where kids receive help with homework problems right on air. Designed for children in grades 4-12.
Fun Educational Websites
Wayback: US History for Kids-Go back in time to learn about US History
Starwalk Kids Media - Ebooks for Kids. Call library for log-in information.
Meet me at the Corner Virtual field trips for kids- takes you to meet fascinating people from all over the world.
Space Weather Center- Astroids, Comets, NASA Space Center, and more!
The Greens -a site for kids looking after the planet- REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE
National Geographic for Kids- National Geographic Kids website is your go-to place to have fun learning about animals, science, and nature through cool facts, funny videos, awesome games and more!
Science Fair Project suggestions for Science projects or fun activities at home
- Kids InfoBits, through the Vermont Online Library (call the Library at 253.6145 for a password)
- Echo Center Vermont -A lake aquarium and science center. Don't forget we do have a library pass available to check out which gives you a discounted rate.
- Find and Go Seek Vermont Vermont's insider guide to Kid-Friendly Fun!
Fun and Games
- CyberChase - Hundreds of math videos, games and hands-on activities to support Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) learning for children
- Funology - website has great ideas parents can use to inspire and entertain kids OFFLINE
- Build your Wild Self - create a person using Zoo animals body parts!
- FunBrain - created for kids ages preschool through grade 8, offers more than 100 fun, interactive games that develop skills in math, reading, and literacy.
- Pottermore - Experience the Harry Potter series like never before from J.K. Rowling.
- Design Squad- The goal of Design Squad is to give kids a stronger understanding of the design process, and the connection between engineering and the things we all use in everyday life.
- Dance Mat Typing - Would you like to learn how to type? Work your way through the four levels at this site.
For more information on these or other fun websites for kids, contact the Children’s Librarian Julie Pickett at (802) 253-6145.
There are many ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all.Jacqueline Kennedy