Mission, Vision, and Values
To Welcome … To Inspire … To Enrich the Mind.
Stowe Free Library strives to be the primary community center and a portal to knowledge, opportunity, and diverse resources.
The Trustees and Staff of the Stowe Free Library value:
- Maintaining and growing a vibrant, well-loved and well-used community center.
- Establishing an early and continuing love of reading and learning.
- Keeping pace with emerging technology.
- Maintaining a popular circulation collection driven primarily by user interests and requests.
- An emphasis on customer service.
- Recognizing and encouraging a diversity of patrons, our supporters and volunteers from Stowe and beyond.
- Investing in the professional future of our staff to ensure a skilled and creative workforce.
- Developing web-based services for patrons beyond the library walls.
- Fostering collaboration with other organizations and groups for programs for our patrons
- Fostering collaboration with state and national library groups for the success of the library.
- Trustee advocacy.
Created and approved by the Stowe Free Library Board of Trustees in June 2009. Revised January 2014.
What the world of tomorrow will be like is greatly dependent on the power of imagination in those who are learning to read today.Astrid Lindgren